We offer workshops for a variety of skill levels, ages, and interests, including family workshops and master artist workshops.register
- How to Register
- Register online for classes or workshops
- Call us at 215-925-3453 x19
- Workshop Cancellation and Refund Policies
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICIES
- Missed workshops are not refundable
Beginner or Date Night Workshop:
- Cancel more than seven days before the workshop: 100% refund or credit, minus a $25 cancellation fee
- Cancel less than seven days before the workshop; 100% credit, minus a $25 cancellation fee
- Cancel the day of the workshop: 75% credit, minus a $25 cancellation fee
- Cancel 3 weeks before the workshop; 100% refund or credit, minus a $25 cancellation fee
- Cancel less than three weeks before the workshop; 100% credit, minus a $25 cancellation fee
- Cancel the day of the workshop: 50% credit, minus a $25 cancellation fee
- Credits are not redeemable for cash Credits are non-transferable to another student or family member.
- Credits are only good for one calendar year
If The Clay Studio cancels your Class or Workshop:
- Option of non-transferable refund or credit for the class or workshop
Only one discount type per registration
*Sorry, no retroactive discounts. Discounts may only be applied to registrations handled over the phone or in person.
For further questions, please contact Corrine Kula at firstname.lastname@example.org
- COVID-19 safety protocols
After months of cleaning and prepping the studios we are thrilled to open our doors and enjoy time together in the studios once again. Please review our new safety protocols, which include sign-up links for Open Studio and Glaze Room usage. These guidelines have been carefully considered to address and promote the safety, health, and welfare of our community. This is an evolving document subject to change.
- What Your Tuition Includes
Tuition includes instruction, and, for most workshops, clay, glazes, and firings.
Refer to the workshop description for any additional information.
- Tools and Materials
For most workshops all clay, tools, and other materials are provided.
Participants may be required to provide certain tools, bisqueware, etc for specialized workshops. Please refer to the workshop description for full details.
- About the Facility
- Workshops take place at The Clay Studio, 1425 N American St, Philadelphia, PA. View directions and parking information here.
- Our facility is handicapped accessible.
- The School fires the cone 6 gas kiln weekly and also offers cone 6 and cone 03 electric glaze firings.
- All students have access to shared studio resources including: extruders, a slab roller, slump molds, studio glazes, oxides, slips, and underglazes.
- Wait List Procedure
If you would like to be added to the wait list for a workshop or class, you can either sign up one or both of the participants for the wait list online (for Date Nights we will assume you want two spaces even if you only put yourself on the list).
When we get a cancellation for a Date Night, we start by contacting the first person on the wait list and then contact people in order of when they were added to the wait list. We do get cancellations frequently for the Date Night workshops, but we can’t guarantee that a space will open up.
For Date Nights, in order to guarantee yourself a spot, you can sign up for a wait listed workshop date and also sign up for spots in the next available Date Night. If you get a call from us that spots have opened up for the wait listed date that you wanted, we can switch your registration at no cost.
- Publicity Policy
Unless informed otherwise, The Clay Studio will consider photographs taken of students in the school and of their artwork to be permissible for publication in Clay Studio publications in print and online.
Minimum $100 deposit per class required, if not paid in full at time of registration. Balance due at first class.