- How to Register
- Register online for classes or workshops
- Call us at 215-925-3453 x19
- COVID-19 safety protocols
After months of cleaning and prepping the studios we are thrilled to open our doors and enjoy time together in the studios once again. Please review our new safety protocols, which include sign-up links for Open Studio and Glaze Room usage. These guidelines have been carefully considered to address and promote the safety, health, and welfare of our community. This is an evolving document subject to change.
- What Your Tuition Includes
In addition to your class, tuition includes glazes, firings, and access to all open studio hours (open studio hours are subject to change).
- Tools and Materials
Clay must be purchased from The Clay Studio school store, where you may also purchase tools.
- About the Facility
- Classes at The Clay Studio are located on the 3rd floor of 139 North 2nd Street, Philadelphia, PA. View directions and parking information here.
- Our facility is handicapped accessible.
- The School fires the cone 6 gas kiln weekly and also offers cone 6 and cone 03 electric firings.
- All students have access to shared studio resources including: extruders, a slab roller, slump molds, studio glazes, oxides, slips, and underglazes.
- Workshop Cancellation and Refund Policies
The Clay Studio is closely following current health concerns and recommendations from the CDC and WHO. We have increased our daily cleaning/disinfecting protocols, and we are keeping everyone’s health and safety as our top priority. If necessary we will be communicating with workshop students via email with updates. Our policy had been in place before the virus, and as a small nonprofit arts organization, we would appreciate your flexibility and assistance as we work to continue to provide the highest level of quality and customer service possible. Our cancellation policy has also been updated to accommodate potential concerns:
flexibility and assistance as we work to continue to provide the highest level of quality and customer service possible
- Tuition Credits will be issued for workshop (including Date Night and Let’s Make) cancellations.
- Missed workshops are not refundable.
- Membership fees are not refundable.
For further questions, please contact Carin Sankus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wait List Procedure
If you would like to be added to the wait list for a workshop or class, you can either sign up one or both of the participants for the wait list online (for Date Nights we will assume you want two spaces even if you only put yourself on the list).
When we get a cancellation for a Date Night, we start by contacting the first person on the wait list and then contact people in order of when they were added to the wait list. We do get cancellations frequently for the Date Night workshops, but we can’t guarantee that a space will open up.
For Date Nights, in order to guarantee yourself a spot, you can sign up for a wait listed workshop date and also sign up for spots in the next available Date Night. If you get a call from us that spots have opened up for the wait listed date that you wanted, we can switch your registration at no cost.
- Publicity Policy
Unless informed otherwise, The Clay Studio will consider photographs taken of students in the school and of their artwork to be permissible for publication in Clay Studio publications in print and online.
$100 deposit per class required with registration. Balance due at first class.