June 22 – August 28 | ages 6 -17
2020 Summer Clay Camps
Join the fun this summer at The Clay Studio for weeklong clay camps, for ages 6 to 17! Campers expand their imaginations and explore the exciting world of clay and more. Whether working with sculpture, clay animation, or wheel-thrown pottery, students learn in a supportive and small class setting with plenty of individual instruction and inspiration from our professional teaching artists. This year select weeks feature camps focused on other arts forums including comics and mixed media materials. Every Friday parents and campers celebrate with an exhibition of works in progress, and an ice cream party. Each camper receives a free camp T-shirt! Lunch includes weekly visits to Cherry Street Pier, local galleries and historic sites.register now
What You Should Know
- Step 1: Choose a Camp
You can choose to register for:
- A morning half-day camp (9 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- An afternoon half-day camp (1 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Morning camp + afternoon camp = supervised lunch included (9 a.m. to 4 p.m; you must register for both classes separately)
- A full-day Claymation Camp (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; includes supervised lunch hour)
- Extended care (4 p.m. to 6 p.m.; you must register for this separately)
view .pdf of entire schedule and descriptions for Summer Camps 2020
- Ways to Register
- Pricing and Hours
Register for two half-day camps for a full day of fun that includes lunch supervision!
- Price: $180 ($160 with Dual/Family Membership or higher)
- Hours: Meets for three hours, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. or 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Includes a short snack break
- Supervised lunch is available for half-day campers from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. for $20 per week
- Supervised lunch is free for campers staying for a full day
- Parents provide snacks and lunches
Full-Day Claymation Camps
- Price: $360 ($320 with Dual/Family Membership or higher)
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Includes a one-hour supervised lunch
- Price: $50 per week
- Hours: 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Receive a $20 discount for enrollment before April 1
- Receive a $20 discount for a sibling or multiple week enrollments
Please call Shannon at 215.925.3453 x 19 for details. Discounts cannot be combined.
- Payment Options
We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Summer camps fill quickly, so full tuition or a $100 non-refundable deposit per camper is due upon registration.
Scholarships including tuition, travel vouchers, and lunches are available.
Please contact Josie Bockelman at 215-925-3453 x23 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refund Policy
Cancellations processed at least one week (7 days) before camp begins receive a full refund less a $15 processing fee. No refunds are issued for cancellations less than one week (7 days) before the first day of the scheduled camp. The first switch from one camp to another does not incur a fee. No refunds or pro-rating for missed classes. Enrollment fees cannot be carried into subsequent terms. Membership fees are non-refundable.
If the minimum registration for a camp is not met, The Clay Studio reserves the right to cancel the program, and either move participants to another camp or refund all payments.
- Camper Drop-off and Pick-up
- For the first day of each camp, please drop off and pick up your child on the 2nd floor of The Clay Studio (139 North 2nd Street, Philadelphia).
- Each additonal day of the week you may check them in at the front door of the school, 139 N. 2nd Street.
- Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes early, and be sure to pick your child up promptly at the end of each camp session.
- What to Wear and Bring
- Campers must bring their own lunch and snacks.
- Clay Camp participants should wear clothes that can get messy and closed-toe shoes (sneakers or Crocs are great; no flip-flops or sandals).
- Those enrolled in camps that use the potter’s wheel should bring an old towel with them.
- Each camper receives a free camp T-shirt.
- Artwork Pick-up
- Your child is encouraged to create several projects throughout the week.
- All work is left at The Clay Studio for processing. Our staff clear-glazes, fires, sorts, and bags the artwork.
- Completed projects and DVDs are ready for pick up approximately 2 to 4 weeks after the camp ends.
- You are notified by email when the work is ready to be picked up.
- Please note: due to the nature of clay, The Clay Studio cannot be responsible for any damage to work caused by construction or the firing or glazing processes.
- Friday Celebrations
Every Friday parents and campers celebrate with an exhibition of works in progress, performances, and an ice cream party.
- Parking and Directions
View parking information and directions here.
- Age Range Recommendations
We design the classes carefully with our experienced teaching artists to work best with the age ranges listed.
Please ensure you are selecting the correct age range so that each student can have the best experience possible.
- Camp Forms
Please be sure to fill out these forms completely and bring them to the first day of camp. The three forms are incuded in one document: Emergency Information form, a General Release form, and an Ice Cream Party permission slip.