July 9 - August 31 | ages 6 and up
2018 Summer Clay Camps
Join the fun this summer at The Clay Studio for weeklong clay camps, for ages 6 and up! Campers expand their imaginations and explore the exciting world of clay. Whether working with sculpture, clay animation, or wheel-thrown pottery students learn in a supportive, small class setting with plenty of individual instruction and inspiration from our professional teaching artists. On select weeks this summer, we are partnering with Kaya Aerial Yoga in Old City to offer clay camps in the morning session and movement based camps in the afternoon. Every Friday parents and campers celebrate with an exhibition of works in progress, performances, and an ice cream party. Each camper receives a free camp T-shirt!register now
What You Should Know
- Step 1: Choose a Camp
You can choose to register for:
- A morning half-day camp (9 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- An afternoon half-day camp (1 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Morning camp + afternoon camp + supervised lunch hour (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; you must register for each separately)
- A full-day Claymation Camp (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; includes supervised lunch hour)
- Extended care (4 p.m. to 6 p.m.; you must register for this separately)
- Ways to Register
- Pricing and Hours
Register for two half-day camps for a full day of fun!
- Price: $180 ($160 with Dual/Family Membership or higher)
- Hours: Meets for three hours, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. or 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Includes a short snack break
- Supervised lunch is available for half-day campers from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. for $20 per week
- Parents provide snacks and lunches
Full-Day Claymation Camps
- Price: $360 ($320 with Dual/Family Membership or higher)
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Includes a one-hour supervised lunch
- Price: $50 per week
- Hours: 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Payment Options
We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Summer camps fill quickly, so full tuition or a $100 non-refundable deposit per camper is due upon registration.
Scholarships including tuition, travel vouchers, and lunches are available.
Please contact Josie Bockelman at 215-925-3453 x23 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refund Policy
If a student cancels up to one week (7 days) before the camp begins, The Clay Studio offers a full refund less a $15 processing fee. If a student switches from one camp to another, the processing fee is waived. No refunds are issued to cancellations within one week (7 days) of the first day of the scheduled camp. There will be no refunds or pro-rating options for missed classes. Enrollment fees cannot be carried into subsequent terms. Membership fees are non-refundable.
If the minimum registration for a camp is not met, The Clay Studio reserves the right to cancel the program, and either move participants to another camp or refund all payments.
- Camper Drop-off and Pick-up
- For half-day camps, please drop off and pick up your child at the 3rd floor of The Clay Studio (139 North 2nd Street, Philadelphia).
- For full-day Claymation Camp, please drop off and pick up you child on the 1st floor of The Clay Studio.
- Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes early, and be sure to pick your child up promptly at the end of each camp session.
- What to Wear and Bring
- Campers must bring their own lunch and snacks.
- Clay Camp participants should wear clothes that can get messy and closed-toe shoes (sneakers or Crocs are great; no flip-flops or sandals).
- Those enrolled in camps that use the potter’s wheel should bring an old towel with them.
- Each camper receives a free camp T-shirt.
- Artwork Pick-up
- Your child is encouraged to create several projects throughout the week.
- All work is left at The Clay Studio for processing. Our staff clear-glazes, fires, sorts, and bags the artwork.
- Completed projects and DVDs are ready for pick up approximately 2 to 3 weeks after the camp ends.
- You are notified by email when the work is ready to be picked up.
- Please note: due to the nature of clay, The Clay Studio cannot be responsible for any damage to work caused by construction or the firing or glazing processes.
- Friday Celebrations
Every Friday parents and campers celebrate with an exhibition of works in progress, performances, and an ice cream party.
- Parking and Directions
View parking information and directions here.
- Age Range Recommendations
We design the classes carefully with our experienced instructors to work best with the age ranges listed, taking into consideration a child’s size, strength, and average ability to take on the curriculum. Please pay attention to the age ranges listed. We want to ensure the best experience for everyone.