June 26 - August 25 | For youth entering Grades 1st- 12th
2023 Summer Clay Camps
Join the fun this summer at The Clay Studio in our new building at 1425 N. American Street for weeklong clay camps, for youth entering 1st- 12th grades. Campers expand their imaginations and explore the exciting world of clay and more. Whether working with sculpture, clay animation, or wheel-thrown pottery, students learn in a supportive and small class setting with plenty of individual instruction and inspiration from our professional teaching artists. On select weeks this summer, we are making other forms of art including collage, drawing and mixed media. Every Friday parents and campers celebrate with an exhibition of works in progress, a claymation film festival, and an (outdoor) ice cream party on the roof top deck. Each camper receives a free camp T-shirt!register now
"The camp you guys ran was FANTASTIC. Toby had the BEST time, was engaged throughout, learned, and was shown love and encouragement. We are so grateful that he was able to be creative even in this weird socially distant world." Most sincerely, Micah H.
What You Should Know
- Step 1: Choose a Camp
You can choose to register for:
- A morning half-day camp (9 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- An afternoon half-day camp (1 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Morning camp + afternoon (supervised lunch is included without an additional fee)
- Full-day Claymation camps are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Teen camps are half days with the option of a morning + afternoon camp the week of Aug 21-25
- Ways to Register
- Register online
- Register phone at 215-925-3453 x106
- Register at The Clay Studio during gallery hours
The Clay Studio sends a confirmation and forms one week prior to the start of each camp.
- Half-Day, Full-Day, Supervised Lunch & Extended Care Details
- You can register for one half-day OR register for two half-day camps for a full day of fun that includes supervised lunch at no additional fee (food and snacks are not included.)
- Half-day camps who want to stay for lunch or come early for lunch, can select the "supervised lunch" option for $20 per week.
There are two weeks of full day Claymation camp for 1st - 8th graders. These camps include lunch supervision in the price (food and snacks are not included.)
Extended Creative Care
- Available from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. Monday - Friday for $50 per week
- Campers play games, work with clay and other art materials, and play outside on the roof deck
- Available from 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. Monday - Friday for $20 per week if you are only signing up for a 1/2 day camp
- Does not include food or snacks
- Payment Options
We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Summer camps fill quickly, so full tuition or a $100 non-refundable deposit per camper is due upon registration.
- Tuition Assistance
For The Clay Studio to make our programs as accessible as possible, we offer tuition assistance each term so that everyone can join our clay community. Tuition assistance is available to anyone who needs it, and no documentation is required; however, we ask for general income information to better understand applicants' circumstances. Please fill out this simple google form. The Clay Studio does not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Questions? Please see our tuition assistance policies below or contact email@example.com.
Tuition Assistance (TA) Policies
The Clay Studio (TCS) reserves the right to award Tuition Assistance at its discretion.
If you are applying for tuition assistance, you cannot enroll online. The Tuition Assistance application will be your registration form, and a member of the TCS team will assist with your registration.
Tuition Assistance is limited to one class or camp per student per term. However, we request that you enter three class choices in case we cannot assist you with a particular class or camp.
Tuition Assistance only covers class tuition.
Classes and camps must still meet minimum enrollment levels to run. If the class or camp you want is unavailable, The Clay Studio staff may offer you the opportunity to enroll in a different course or future term.
If you cannot take a class or camp that you received TA for, you must notify The Clay Studio no later than two weeks before the first class; failure to notify TCS may jeopardize eligibility for future TA.
First-time applicants for Tuition Assistance may receive priority.
- Refund Policy
Cancellations processed at least one week (7 days) before camp begins receive a full refund less a $25 processing fee. No refunds are issued for cancellations less than one week (7 days) before the first day of the scheduled camp. The first switch from one camp to another does not incur a fee. No refunds or pro-rating for missed classes. Enrollment fees cannot be carried into subsequent terms. Membership fees are non-refundable.
If the minimum registration for a camp is not met, The Clay Studio reserves the right to cancel the program, and either move participants to another camp or refund all payments.
- What to Wear
- Clay Camp participants should wear clothes that can get messy and closed-toe shoes (sneakers or Crocs are great; no flip-flops or sandals).
- Artwork Pick-up
- Your child is encouraged to create several projects throughout the week.
- All work can be dropped off at The Clay Studio for processing. Our staff clear-glazes, fires, sorts, and bags the artwork.
- Completed projects and links to videos are ready for pick up approximately 2 to 4 weeks after the camp ends.
- You are notified by email when the work is ready to be picked up.
- Please note: due to the nature of clay, The Clay Studio cannot be responsible for any damage to work caused by construction or the firing or glazing processes.
- Friday Celebrations
Every Friday parents and campers celebrate with an exhibition of works in progress, performances, and an ice cream party.
- Parking and Directions
New Location: All summer camps will be held at our new facility at 1425 N. American Street in the South Kensington neighborhood. Street parking is available.
- Grade Level Ranges
Grade Level Ranges
We design the classes carefully with our experienced teaching artists to work best with the grade level ranges listed. Please ensure you are selecting the correct grade level range so that each student can have the best experience possible.
We design the classes carefully with our experienced teaching artists to work best with the age ranges listed.
Please ensure you are selecting the correct age range so that each student can have the best experience possible.
- Camp Forms
Please be sure to fill out these forms completely and bring them to the first day of camp. The three forms are incuded in one document: Emergency Information form, a General Release form, and an Ice Cream Party permission slip.