Private Event Rentals
The Clay Studio would be honored to host your meeting, reception, wedding, or get together in one or more of our rentable spaces! We have both indoor and outdoor availability on our first and fourth floors, surrounded by our world class ceramic collection, for a unique and memorable experience for you and your guests. Inquire for pricing and availability. Venue rentals range from 3 to 8 hours, inclusive of setup and breakdown timing. We offer sliding scale pricing for fellow non-profit and educational organizations.Contact Us
Private Clay Workshops
Bring your friends, family, or colleagues to The Clay Studio for a fun and engaging 2 hour workshop with clay! Participants either learn to throw on the pottery wheel or make a hand building project ranging from functional mugs to tiles to creative sculpture. We welcome beginners and folks at all different levels of familiarity with clay. Minimum of 3 participants; maximum of 40 participants per available space. Price: $50 per participant. We offer sliding scale pricing for fellow non-profit and educational organizations. After booking, you are required to provide a final guest count 5 business days prior to the workshop in order to issue an invoice for the remaining balance which is to be paid prior to your arrival at The Clay Studio.Contact Us
Private Clay Lessons
Book a private lesson with one of our instructors for dedicated, uninterrupted 2 hours of instruction. We welcome beginners and folks at all different levels of familiarity with clay. This includes instruction, materials, supplies, firings, and packaging the artwork. For a maximum of 2 participants at a cost of $200. After booking, you are required to provide a final guest count 5 business days prior to the workshop in order to issue an invoice for the remaining balance which is to be paid prior to your arrival at The Clay Studio.Contact Us
Tours & Artist Demonstrations
The Clay Studio team offers guided tours of our entire facility, including our galleries, school, and studio spaces. We also offer artist demonstrations from either residents or associates. Tours are designed to expose each participant to the vast range of expression possible with the use of clay, from functional everyday objects to abstract sculpture. Tours range from 45 - 75 minutes, and carry a sliding scale suggested donation of $25 - $150. Demonstrations carry a fixed cost of $50 for the artist's time. No tours are offered during the installation, or deinstallation, of exhibitions.Contact Us
Mobile Clay Events
When the claymaking comes to you! A team from The Clay Studio will come to you to help your guests create with clay for 2 hours for individual projects or a large group sculpt. We also offer Claymation parties, in which participants use iPads to create birthday-themed animation shorts. Experience the rush of turning your imagination into a creation with clay! Maximum of 30 participants. Pricing begins at $800 for up to 16 participants; $30 per additional participant Includes instruction, materials, supplies, firings, and packaging the artwork. The work will be available for pick up by the party host in 2-4 weeks. The room we work in and the tables and chairs for the workshop participants are the party host's responsibility. Additional charges apply for those locations more than 30 minutes away from The Clay Studio, and there may be additional charges if parking or loading into your building is difficult.Contact Us
- Private Event / Rental Cancellation & Refund Policies
- We ask for a $200.00 non-refundable deposit to hold the date and time for your Private Event or Rental.
- Cancel a Private Event or Rental more than 14 days before the event: Full refund less the deposit.
- Cancel 7 days or more in advance: You may switch your Private Event or Rental to a new date one time without a processing fee.
- For any additional rescheduling, there will be a $10 processing fee.
- We ask that a final number of participants be provided 10 days before the event. We consider that number the final number of participants for the event and final payment will be due at that time.
- Private workshops / lessons only: teachers can not take payment or make changes to the number of particiaptants the day of the event.
- Preferred Vendors
- We work with a few preferred caterers - 12th Street Catering, Feast Your Eyes, and Eatible Delights
- For AV - we always recommend D24K Productions
- However, event clients are more than welcome to bring in their own preferred vendors. We do ask that all caterers who plan for more than drop off service complete a site visit prior to contracting with us.