Did You Know?
The CARES Act means that charitable contributions this year carry more deductions than at any other time. Full details here.
1. The CARES Act creates a new above-the-line deduction for you and for all taxpayers for total charitable contributions of up to $300. The incentive applies to cash contributions made in 2020 (extended now through 2021) and can be claimed on tax forms next year.
2. The law also lifts the existing cap on annual contributions if you itemize, raising it from 60% of adjusted gross income to 100%.
The impact of your support
For over four decades, The Clay Studio has nurtured established and emerging artists in studios where they can create, learn and share skills, and build their body of work.
Our Claymobile and other innovative programs bring art education to Philadelphia schoolchildren so that their education includes creative opportunity.
We are a creative engine for our community and a destination where people from all walks of life can explore the vast world of clay.
Ways to Contribute
- Host a Fundraiser
- Shop Amazon Smile
When you shop at Amazon Smile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to The Clay Studio. There is no additional cost to you! Visit our Amazon Smiles and support us every time you shop.
- Donate your Vehicle
Donate your car, boat, truck, RV, jet ski, or snowmobile to The Clay Studio and receive a tax deduction, with no cost and no hassle. Request a pickup with this online form, or contact our fundraising partner Donation Line LLC at 877-227-7487 (be sure to ask for The Clay Studio by name or our extension #3086).
- Contribute through United Way
The Clay Studio is a United Way donor choice option with proceeds supporting our mission. To make a gift through the United Way, please use our agency #47896.
- We're an Educational Improvement Organization -- Make a Corporate Gift
The Clay Studio is an Educational Improvement Organization (EIO) under Pennsylvania’s Educational Improvement Tax Credit program. These credits are awarded to businesses that make contributions to EIOs like The Clay Studio.
The Education Improvement Tax Credit Program (EITC) provides tax credits to eligible businesses. These tax credits can be donated to The Clay Studio’s Claymobile program in the form of a contribution.
The Pennsylvania Department of Revenue will consider tax credits awarded under this program to be effective on the first day of the taxable year in which the contribution was made.
Benefits to Your Business
Your business can receive tax credits up to 75% of your contribution (up to $750,000 per taxable year), or up to 90% for two-year charitable commitments (up to $900,000 per charitable year).
How to Apply
- Review this overview of the EITC program and these detailed guidelines, both provided by the PA Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED).
- It is recommended that you consult with your tax advisor.
- Apply online through the DCED application system.
- Upon receipt of written notification from DCED that you have been approved for tax credits your business has 60 days to make a contribution.
- Mail your business’s EITC donation (checks should be made payable to The Clay Studio) in support of the Claymobile program to:
The Clay Studio
Attn: Development Department
137 North Second Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- You will receive an acknowledgement letter from The Clay Studio.
- You must submit the acknowledgement letter received from The Clay Studio to the DCED within 90 days from your original written notification approval from DCED.
- DCED will communicate with the PA Department of Revenue and the applicable tax credit is applied to your business tax account.
- The credit is taken as a payment on your business’s annual tax return filing.