About the Exhibition
Small Favors engages artists' creativity in new and exciting ways with the challenge of making pieces on a very small scale. For some artists, the work they create is similar to what they normally make, but at a reduced scale. Others use it as an opportunity to break away from what they create in their daily studio practice. The works exhibited are incredibly varied in material, form, and aesthetics. Though small in scale the artworks created for this exhibition are huge in impact.
Exhibition Dates: March 5, 2021 - May 9, 2021.
Preview Reception: Thursday, March 5, 6-7pm
Farewell to Old City
Help us celebrate our last year in Old City by applying to our most popular annual exhibition. In the last few years we have expanded the Small Favors call to include artists working in other media. To reflect the generous spirit of the ceramics art community we have expanded the parameters of Small Favors to include all media.
To Be Announced Soon!
January 20, 2021
- Each work submitted must fit within a 4 inch cube.
- Size limit is 3.75" x 3.75" x 3.75"
- Artists may submit up to 3 objects
- Each object will be judged individually
- Image file names should not have any spaces in them
- Use Chrome for best functionality with the application portal
How to Apply
Click on the link in the button at the top of the page to reach the application.
A complete application must include the following:
- Personal contact information
- Artist Statement
- Website (if available)
- Three digital images (3 different pieces, or an overall and details of 1)
- Click Submit info button to continue to upload photos
- Click Upload button after each image is selected
- Optional $25 application fee/$30 Non-Members.
- You will be sent an email asking for your preference after you submit.
- You may donate the full amount if you are able; this is a great way to support our organization, especially during this difficult time. If you would like to waive the fee or to donate a portion to us, use these discount codes:
• WAIVE - you donate nothing
• GIVE15 - you donate $15
• GIVE5 - you donate $5
Please email any questions to Jennifer Zwilling at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Small Favors Question
Our Guest Juror and Curator of Artistic Programs at The Clay Studio, Jennifer Zwilling, will jury the applicants and choose objects to be shown in the exhibition.
Notification, Delivery, Pick Up, etc.
Notification will be made via email by February 1, 2021
Work is due to the Gallery by February 21, 2021
The Clay Studio commission is 50% and will ship back any unsold work free of charge. Payments for sold work will be issued within 45 days of the end of the exhibition. The Clay Studio reserves the right not to show any work that does not fit inside the cube, or does not reflect what was represented in the application.