the Marge Brown Kalodner
graduate student exhibition
The Clay Studio Is now accepting applications for The Tenth Annual Marge Brown Kalodner Graduate Student Exhibition.
The Clay Studio will host The Tenth Annual Marge Brown Kalodner Graduate Student Exhibition from July 19 through August 25, 2013. Any student currently enrolled in a Graduate Program with a focus in ceramics or graduating from a Graduate Program with a focus in ceramics in 2013 is welcome to apply. Works may be mixed media, but clay must be the primary medium. We encourage submissions from artists working in all types of and approaches to clay, as our primary goal is to represent the exciting diversity within this medium.
The premise for this exhibition is to identify young artists whose work is deserving of attention, to provide a forum for both the exhibition and sale of their work, and to introduce the ceramics community to this next generation of talented individuals. Three cash prizes in the amounts of $1000.00, $500.00, and $500.00 will be awarded.
Apply through Slide Room. Application Deadline Wednesday, May 29th.
A complete application will include the following:
- Personal contact information
- Up to six digital images, featuring no more than three pieces maximum. You may include one detail image or an additional view per piece for a maximum total of six images. The images must be of the pieces to be included in the exhibition, no exceptions
- Corresponding image list that includes the following image title, medium, size, date and retail price.
- Your current resume.
- Your current artist statement.
- $25 Application fee to cover the cost of the application service
NOTIFICATION WILL BE MADE VIA EMAIL.
A three-member jury will select the works for this exhibitions. The jury consists of Marge Brown Kalodner, Naomi Cleary and a guest juror to be announced. Selected work must be shipped to The Clay Studio to arrive no later than July 25th, 2013. All work selected for inclusion in this exhibition must be available for sale. The Clay Studio provides an invitation, mailing, press coverage, and will host a private reception as well as a public opening reception. TCS will also pay for the return shipment of any unsold work and shall receive a 50% commission for all work sold.
Please call Naomi Cleary at 215-925-3453 x10 or email email@example.com if you have any further questions.